Fluid Language

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Spellbound


Photo Credit

On a bleak night I hear her calling, a soft and whimsical song
All along beyond my dream I see the young girl chanting
It’s mellow and haunting sound was all I could remember
When I was dragged back to reality, to my bed on the cold night of December
I listened for her the next night and then she came
In my bed she lay and swore she would remain the same
I looked at her and dreamed furthermore until I could not bear it
My eyes grew watery and then I saw, her auburn hair beneath my sheets was nowhere to be seen
Then in the distance I heard her song, so faint and mild and sweet like a child
I followed through the mist of my seemingly never ending dream but never laid my eyes on her
I just heard her song every night, ever so quietly luring me
To set her free, or me, I do not know
Because when I awake I have no proof to show
Of the girl who was once my own, coming back to show me how she would have grown
The sound is so distant now but it is always there and when I close my eyes I see her lonely eyes stare
Wishing my life away so that I can stay
But I hold on, even on this weary night, I breathe and continue to breathe
I stopped following and now I just listen to the sweet song and not before long, the sound was gone
I said goodbye to her and wished her well as now I have forced myself to exit her hopeful spell

By Trisha Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment