Fluid Language

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mule

''The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist''
-The Usual Suspects 1995
Photo Credit

In the incredible expanse of space
I can still see you hide your face
I can still see it riddled with guilt
I know you are nothing but filth

As crazy as it seems, I feel sorry for you
It's almost like you had nothing else to do
You didn't have the choice not to be cruel
It's like you are Satan's mule
Sent out to commit his evil deeds
Creating enemies and ruining lives as this is how he feeds

This is how I think of you, this is my current impression
But I must reveal my biggest confession
This creature I speak of is far too familiar
For it and I are all too similar

I speak in tongues for the embarrassment is great
Knowing I have helped so many people meet their fate

I may not be you but I have seen all the things I speak of because I have committed crimes just like these mentioned above. Not everyone is perfect but you have to learn from your mistakes, you have to take on board your doings and repent while in turn not being fake. Everyone can learn but do you want to? Can you realise your actions or will you see these stunts through? It's your choice but you have been warned, listen now or forever be scorned.

Signed

Patricia Hilton


For this poem I was inspired by films that focus on people who I feel carry out inhuman deeds, such as assassination. Many films flippantly focus on people who can quite easily kill and some see it as a sport while others learn from it. I like the idea as seeing them as a mule, doing the jobs not even the devil wants to do. The dirty work, the grunt work.

FACEBOOK

BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment