Fluid Language

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Her Eyes



Photo Credit

Behind her eyes there was always a sadness
One that, if not careful, you were likely to miss
She hid it well but the torment had taught
Her that keeping secrets was the best way not to get caught

She wasn't always this cruel, this is why her emotions shone through
As deep down, her soul was withering as she knew
She could have been so much better
This is why she began to write the suicide letter

Her eyes are now in an absent state
As it is now that her sad life has met it's fate
She let herself get dragged down into the deep
Now her soul is resting below while her mortal body lies in a heap

She felt this final action would rectify her past
A simple solution that was thought up too fast
However it was selfish as two wrongs don't make a right
She should have remained strong and put up a fight

She felt she had no way out but there is no excuse
To let your behaviour change and your morals become loose
As your mind is your own and the decisions are yours
And in the end, you pay by ending up that sad lost girl lying on the floor




Signed Patricia Hilton


Please like my Facebook page, help support my writing my checking out my work on Trisha's Epic Reviews . I write reviews on films, travel destinations and art. I currently write for two other websites, OdyseaEntertainment and DMVculture. I love poetry and I am a keen writer. Please let me know your feedback below!

Thank you

1 comment:

  1. This hits home and compliments a poem I posted, "Life Lost". Quite spellbounding and captivating even though it is somber. I truly connect with this poem for many reasons. For those same reasons, it aches to read it. Double edge sword.

    I appreciate you artistry and commend you for writing about sensitive topics and displaying them in a remarkable way. ~ Rayna

    ReplyDelete