Fluid Language

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SomeBody I Used To Know


GOTYE - Somebody That I Used To Know

The passion ignited immediately
I know you felt it
But that gut feeling of everness
Left unsided

This can't be my fault
I seen the missed calls
You said she "is just a friend"
Yet she has EX attached to her title

The swarm of bees stung me
I could feel my insides swell
The proverbial "friend"
That was front for something to come

I knew you were itching for something more
That's when I open to close the door
Now you sit and think about when we were together
Do you miss your family? Or that significant other?

My intuition states that you cry for me at night
I turn a blind eye when I pass you by
You're barely someone that I used to know
I can't see you as much else, knowing that you couldn't let go

Here is your heart back
The lies seem to be circlng it
You were still clinging to the past
I was happy...do you remember this? or was that too an act?

You say you don't need my love
But that same one you couldn't disengage
Broke your heart
It was protected with me
But now you're just somebody that I used to know
There is nothing left but the cringing sound of your false promises


Dedicated to BumbleBee
She is always supporting all of my writing and getting me hip to different types of music. She is my influence and my legacy. Without her, there would be no me.

Follow her on Twitter
Follow Her IntaGRAM: LeenahLove

BumbleBee is an active part of RaynasTheory. Her input is a vital part of our business. She is the creator of the RaynasTheory profile pictures and the face of our business. Starting at 9 years old she made some vital contributions that lead to us growing. Her continued support is leading us in many different directions. Now at 13, she is on her own path. See what she is doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment