Fluid Language

Friday, May 4, 2012

Letter to my unborn

Never got to meet you or even see your face Never got to touch you or even hear you cry But when I think of you they fall from my eye I sit and wonder about what you could have been Would you have been president in the future Walking and talking in the present Would have been on your way to one Got my moon and my star would you have been my Sun The one to change the world And grow to father children of your own I look at your sisters and take heed of my blessings I often wonder if you would have been a daddy's girl Or a Mama's boy would you want Barbie or Tonka Toys A victim of an abortion I never had a vote in A casualty of a decision I had no voice in But the pain saw no difference between me and her A burden on my shoulders everyday I carry your death with me Visions haunt me at night Images of me and you playing ball But everytime I go to grab you the picture fades Even though you never got to see life you had a profound effect on mine You never got to see life Be a husband or a wife See the light of sunrise or the view from a high rise A premature demise stole your future But they say its all in God's plan But I cant see the sense in this I would trade mines for yours in the blink of an eye Just to hug you on time and tell you I love you Since I cant I express my pain through these lines In this letter to my unborn

No comments:

Post a Comment